Thursday, June 21, 2007

Butterfly Abstract

I already posted a butterfly picture last Saturday (scroll down or click here), but as my posts this week seem to be taking on a 'photo tips' theme, another butterfly picture came to mind. This photo has been cropped. A lot. That's another benefit of digital - it's so easy to re-frame the photo, long after the butterfly has flown away. In this case, the photo was largely out of focus and was just about deleted. But then I noticed an interesting pattern of tiny flowers ringing the butterfly's colorful wings. I wish I could tell you that I saw this when I was snapping away -- but it was only later, when I had the time to really inspect the scene that this interesting detail revealed itself. So next time you're going through your photos, look twice. It's an opportunity to re-frame the scene, and create an entirely different look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and joining in the discussion on Appalachian Treks! Your comment will be sent to me to be approved. Sorry for this added step, but it is necessary to avoid spam. Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!