Friday, August 10, 2007

Rejoicing Colors

I cannot pretend to feel impartial about colours. I rejoice with the brilliant ones, and am genuinely sorry for the poor browns.
--Winston Churchill (1874-1965) British politician.

This quote comes from a small book entitled Painting as a Pastime written by Churchill. He was a prolific painter who exhibited surprising natural talent. He began painting at age 40 after a difficult political setback, confessing to a friend, "If it weren't for painting, I couldn't live; I couldn't bear the strain of things."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and joining in the discussion on Appalachian Treks! Your comment will be sent to me to be approved. Sorry for this added step, but it is necessary to avoid spam. Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!