Saturday, September 1, 2007

Commitment

Individual commitment to a group effort -- that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.
--Vince Lombardi (1913-1970), American Football Coach

Last night was the home opener for the Milligan Buffaloes soccer team. It couldn't have arrived too soon for me. I love sports photography and being down on the field. Being close to the action makes me appreciate the hard work, the heart and the hustle of the players. Some of the most important lessons these guys will learn in college will be learned right out there on that field. It was a tough loss tonight for Milligan, but what I saw gave me hope for a strong season. I was relieved that the rain lifted right before the start of the game -- and grateful for the fog that then settled in which gave field a mystical, Field of Dreams feel.

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting and joining in the discussion on Appalachian Treks! Your comment will be sent to me to be approved. Sorry for this added step, but it is necessary to avoid spam. Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!