Thursday, December 27, 2007

a blessing on you and your travels

May you have warm words on a cold evening, a full moon on a dark night and a smooth road all the way to your door.
--Irish Blessing

The above shot was taken somewhere over Indiana during my travels over the holiday. In the middle is the moon -- to the left are reflections from the window. I always feel a little weird reaching down to get the camera out at 30,000 feet -- it's like I know the guy across the aisle is staring intently to see if I'm trying to light my shoes on fire. And I want to say, "Hey relax, I'm just a photographer, not a shoe bomber."

Here are some very basic tips if you ever want to capture the scene outside your window seat... a) try to clean off the smudges on the glass; b) turn off the flash; and c) set the camera to manual focus (on SLR cameras) or infinity or landscape mode (on point-and-shoot cameras) so that the camera won't try to focus on the window. More tips here.

1 comment:

  1. I suddenly feel jealous of your skills as a photographer.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and joining in the discussion on Appalachian Treks! Your comment will be sent to me to be approved. Sorry for this added step, but it is necessary to avoid spam. Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!