Monday, December 3, 2007

They think we're nuts

I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt, and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts.
--John Steinbeck (1902-1968) American Novelist and Writer, Nobel Prize for Literature for 1962
Perhaps no quote has ever fit a photo on this blog more appropriately than this one. The look Steinbeck describes is one that I've seen every day for four years. Duke is amazingly patient with me -- even if he doesn't understand the crazy things I do. I've completely ruined the dog in terms of pictures -- he hates the flash so much that if I so much point the camera anywhere in his vicinity, he looks away. For all I know this could be the last decent photo I get of him. This wide-angle shot was taken at Rock Creek Park, outside of Erwin, TN.

Directions: From I-26 take the Erwin Main Street Exit (#36), at the end of the ramp turn east toward town and you will immediately arrive at a stop light. Turn right onto Rt. 107 and drive 1/2 mile, turn left at stop light onto Rock Creek Road (Rt. 395) -- continue on for 3.1 miles, turn left at entrance to Rock Creek Park.

[By the way, if you click on any of the recent photos on here and they don't enlarge as they usually do, it's because Blogger is having issues right now. Hopefully they'll chase the little gremlins away soon.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and joining in the discussion on Appalachian Treks! Your comment will be sent to me to be approved. Sorry for this added step, but it is necessary to avoid spam. Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!