Sunday, March 2, 2008

Beyond Words

If I could tell the story in words, I wouldn't need to lug around a camera.
--Lewis Hine

Click to enlarge the photos taken last Thursday near Carver's Gap on the TN/NC border.

I admire those who are capable of writing with such precision as to transport readers to worlds that have never existed. I can't remember who asked the question, whether it was Harold Ross, the local photographer I mentioned yesterday, or Lee Fierbaugh, my friend and "From these Hills" blogger, or myself... we were all saying similar things... "How could you possibly explain this to someone?" Words are so inadequate to express the wonder of what we were experiencing as we stood wrapped the middle of a dense pine forest in which every branch and individual pine needle was wrapped in snow. I guess this is why we happily lug around our cameras.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and joining in the discussion on Appalachian Treks! Your comment will be sent to me to be approved. Sorry for this added step, but it is necessary to avoid spam. Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!