Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Boone Lake Fun

Boone Reservoir was created in 1952 with the completion of Boone Dam on the south fork of the Holston River. It offers a very nice public beach -- and lots of picnic tables looking over the lake. It's located just off of Route 75, west of the Tri-Cities Airport, so if you're ever out that way, check it out.

I like this shot of Hannah and her dad, Tim, as they play in the warm light of late afternoon and the cool waters of the Boone Reservoir after a picnic celebrating Tim's 28th birthday.

Yes, I'm having a little too much fun playing around with Lightroom 2 presets. Can you tell? This is one of my favorites, inspired by the bold look of the movie "300". Presets, in case you're wondering, are pre-selected settings (think of them as shortcuts) that make it easy to quickly obtain a specific look. Lightroom is awesome -- if you have it and want to get some free presets, click here. I think this whole preset thing will just be a fad for me -- something I'll eventually get over. But if it's okay with you, I'd like to share some more 'preset' shots with you this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and joining in the discussion on Appalachian Treks! Your comment will be sent to me to be approved. Sorry for this added step, but it is necessary to avoid spam. Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!