Monday, December 1, 2008

Margarette Falls

Kept driving yesterday until I found a place it wasn't raining. Ended up at Margarette Falls in Greene County, TN. The last time I was there it was late June and HOT. Today the trail seemed much shorter, although more slippery. As luck would have it, when I reached the falls it started raining. So I quickly snapped a few photos and headed back to the car. But that was alright, the main idea was to get out of the house and attempt to burn off multiple turkey dinners.

The thumbnail photo to the right is the original -- above is the version created using a Photoshop plugin called Topaz Simplify (more here). I really like how it pulls out the colors and, well, simplifies the scene making it appear as a watercolor painting.

For directions to this beautiful waterfall, click here.

3 comments:

Thanks for visiting and joining in the discussion on Appalachian Treks! Your comment will be sent to me to be approved. Sorry for this added step, but it is necessary to avoid spam. Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!