Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Compilation

We don't make a photograph just with a camera, we bring to the act of photography all the books we have read, the movies we have seen, the music we have heard, the people we have loved.
--Ansel Adams

To be honest, I didn't really like this photo at first because it was too busy, just too chaotic -- the focal point was unclear. It also didn't seem to have enough contrast for a black and white, nothing really stood out. But I posted it anyway because it was a new angle on a familiar subject for me and because even with my doubts there was still something about it that I found compelling. I then made it my desktop wallpaper and now it's finally grown on me. And the reason I think I like it is because there IS so much going on -- lots of areas of the photo to investigate. I guess it's one of those images that looks better big (and a week later). :)

1 comment:

  1. what about this: you've captured the linear with much circular, movement w/stillness, the high and low, lush with the simple... and no doubt other aspects depending on what you see or ponder!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and joining in the discussion on Appalachian Treks! Your comment will be sent to me to be approved. Sorry for this added step, but it is necessary to avoid spam. Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!