Sunday, June 24, 2012

a longing

I long for scenes where man has never trod
A place where woman never smiled or wept
There to abide with my Creator God
And sleep as I in childhood sweetly slept,
Untroubling and untroubled where I lie
The grass below, above, the vaulted sky.

--John Clare (1793-1864) English poet. 

Above: Grayson Highlands panoramic (Click the image above to enlarge). Grayson is a gorgeous place, a little out of the way for most of us, but well worth the drive.  Best known for its wild ponies, Grayson also offers stunning vistas and overlooks, waterfalls, fishing steams and camping facilities.

Click here for more photos, discussion and directions to Grayson Highlands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and joining in the discussion on Appalachian Treks! Your comment will be sent to me to be approved. Sorry for this added step, but it is necessary to avoid spam. Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!