Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Celebrate

Celebrate what you want to see more of.
--Thomas J. Peters (b.1942)  American Author.

Did you notice I added a new tab on the website entitled "Events & More"? With all the wonderful and exciting fairs and festivals that take place throughout the year in our region, I thought it might be helpful to put together a list of some of the best and most popular events.  I'm sure I've missed some, so if you have suggestions to add, please leave a comment or send me an email. Here are some upcoming events in our region that you won't want to miss!
  • Fun Fest in Kingsport, TN is underway through July 21st -- lots of great events.
  • Liberty!, the outdoor drama celebrating the Lost State of Franklin, is being performed now through July 30th in Elizabethton, TN.
  • Bele Chere celebrates music and the arts in Asheville from July 27-29th.
  • Appalachian Fair, one of the largest, most popular festivals in our region, runs from August 20-25th in Gray, TN.
  • Virginia Highlands Festival, showcasing Appalachian arts and crafts, is July 28-August 12th.
Also included on the Events & More page is a listing of area ski resorts and hiking/biking clubs. Check it out and let me know if I've overlooked anything.

Above: The Appalachian Fair, 2010. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and joining in the discussion on Appalachian Treks! Your comment will be sent to me to be approved. Sorry for this added step, but it is necessary to avoid spam. Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!