Monday, June 3, 2013

we are the church together

We all know that a church is not a building.
--Robert H. Schuller (b. 1926) American televangelist, pastor, and author.

After hiking out to Little Rock Knob from Hughes Gap, I drove by Cove Creek Presbyterian Church in Roan Mountain, TN.  It was such a beautiful sight with the rhododendron blooming and the hill in the distance, I had to stop and take a picture.  I can't find any information for the church online, so if anyone knows the history (or can share a link) I'd appreciate it. Next to the church is a large rock-adorned building that says "fellowship hall" on the sign out in front. However, above the door, spelled out in smaller rocks, is "Cove Creek School" with a date (can't quite make it out).  See below.  But in the course of my search, I did come across a fantastic Facebook group for Roan Mountain and Carter County History.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and joining in the discussion on Appalachian Treks! Your comment will be sent to me to be approved. Sorry for this added step, but it is necessary to avoid spam. Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!