Friday, December 19, 2014

departing sun


Sweet is the memory of distant friends! Like the mellow rays of the departing sun, it falls tenderly, yet sadly, on the heart. 

--Washington Irving (1783-1859) American Writer.

Arrived at Little Rock Knob on Iron Mountain just in time to see the sun rays gleaming down on the distant mountains -- a little out of the way, but worth the trek. It's one of my favorite overlooks in our region. I wasn't sure which version I liked best, so I posted them both. The black and white seems to be less distracting to me -- and I was able to push the adjustments a little more. But I like the color one too.  :)  We had to hustle down the mountain to get back to the car before dark!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and joining in the discussion on Appalachian Treks! Your comment will be sent to me to be approved. Sorry for this added step, but it is necessary to avoid spam. Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!