Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Slowing Down

It's hard for me to drive by a red barn and not think about taking a picture. Add horses, and I have to turn around and stop. It's pretty much a 'have to' situation. Two problems I encounter with these 'drive bys' are: 1) slowing down to even notice the scenes and details all around me in the first place; and 2) actually stopping and turning around (which for me is just about as hard as stopping and asking for directions). But I'm trying to follow this advice about photography which says to "slow down to see the smaller subtleties of life." (However, I'm left wondering... are there larger subtleties of life that I'm also missing? But I digress.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and joining in the discussion on Appalachian Treks! Your comment will be sent to me to be approved. Sorry for this added step, but it is necessary to avoid spam. Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!