Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Considering Lilies

A great bit of advice I read somewhere is to use construction paper as a background when shooting flowers. For this shot, I put the camera on a tripod (very low to the ground) and held a blue folder in the background, far enough away that it would be blurred. I tried a few different colors, but ended up liking blue the best against the orange tiger lily. Another happy accident led to the picture below. I set up the tripod, looked through the viewfinder, only to find that I was way too close. But then I realized there was something very interesting in just isolating the lily's filaments (I think that's what they're called!). I guess this is all an attempt to follow scripture.Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they neither toil nor spin; yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
--Jesus (Matthew 6:28)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and joining in the discussion on Appalachian Treks! Your comment will be sent to me to be approved. Sorry for this added step, but it is necessary to avoid spam. Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!