Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Keep swinging

My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging.
--Hank Aaron (born 1934)

With all the talk about Barry Bonds, I thought I'd put up a great Hank Aaron quote. I'm not a fan of Bonds -- but the one thing I like about all this attention on the home run record is that it's shining a light on the accomplishments of Hammerin' Hank. The more I see about him, the smaller Bonds looks in comparison.

Click to enlarge this photo of Mark Dolenc of the Elizabethton Twins taken Sunday at Joe O'Brien Field in Elizabethton, TN. This is great place to catch a game -- it's a fun atmosphere and the Twins are in first place in their Appalachian League division. Click here to see a website that ranks major and minor league baseball stadiums.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and joining in the discussion on Appalachian Treks! Your comment will be sent to me to be approved. Sorry for this added step, but it is necessary to avoid spam. Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!