Friday, August 31, 2007

Erwin Linear Trail



A scene from the Erwin Linear Trail. It was great to see lots of folks out jogging, walking, and biking tonight on the trail. I'm looking forward to the opening of the trail extension to Fishery Park near I-26 exit 36.

There are numerous parking points along the trail (here are the ones I know of):
At I-26 exit 37 (Erwin/Jonesborough), turn towards Erwin. You will immediately see McDonald's on your left and you can park in the back of their parking lot to reach the trail (and pond). Or, turn across from McDonald's onto Willow Park Road -- you'll find two separate gravel parking areas on your right giving access to the trail.

At I-26 exit 40 (Jackson/Love) - turn towards Erwin on Jackson/Love Highway, take the first left after crossing a bridge onto Industrial Drive. There are two parking areas: The first is 0.2 miles after you turn on Industry Drive; the second is 1.2 miles in (basically at the dead end of Industry Drive). I like this second spot best - park here by the gazebo and then backtrack 0.7 miles on the trail to a pond where there's almost always ducks and turtles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and joining in the discussion on Appalachian Treks! Your comment will be sent to me to be approved. Sorry for this added step, but it is necessary to avoid spam. Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!