Thursday, September 6, 2007

The better to see you with

Everything is simpler than you think and at the same time more complex than you imagine.
--Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1749-1832), German writer.

I realize I'm probably going to make some folks squirm with this post, but I hope you'll allow me an occasional creepy close-up. This tiny crab spider is sitting on one small bloom of a flower known as the 'great blue lobelia'. I can't say I'm a big fan of spiders, but I'm absolutely fascinated by the detail of nature. Like most spiders, this one has eight legs and eight eyes (two rows of four). ::::)

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting and joining in the discussion on Appalachian Treks! Your comment will be sent to me to be approved. Sorry for this added step, but it is necessary to avoid spam. Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!