Wednesday, October 31, 2007

The Skirmish at Zollicoffer


If you've never been to a Civil War Reenactment, it's something I really recommend you check out. The photo above is from my first visit to a reenactment last November. It made me reflect on our great national tragedy, on the sacrifices made to preserve this Union and abolish slavery, and it made me aware and appreciate that there are lots of passionate, dedicated folks who have made it their life's mission to bring history to life and to preserve our national memory. The reenactment, known as the Skirmish at Zollicoffer, takes place near Bluff City, TN usually in the beginning of November each year.

2 comments:

  1. Nice pictures - I plan to attend the re-enactment this weekend - hope it's as pretty as last year apparently was.

    Lois Gilbert

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures... I have posted some of my pictures from the 2007 event at www.fotki.com/59thTennessee if you'd like to check them out. 2008's is due to be a fun one!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and joining in the discussion on Appalachian Treks! Your comment will be sent to me to be approved. Sorry for this added step, but it is necessary to avoid spam. Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!