Sunday, November 4, 2007

With thanks and wonder

I enjoyed meeting lots and lots of folks at the Festival of Seasons holiday market at Milligan College this weekend. Especially fun was meeting long-time Trekkie's who've been loyally following my Appalachian adventures (Thanks for all the encouraging comments and emails I've received over the past 10 months of doing this blog). The craft show, held in Derthick Hall (above), was my first. My friend Lee (check out her amazing photos on her blog "From these Hills") and I had a table together there of our photography and had a great time talking about this wonderful region and showing off its special beauty. A big THANK YOU to everyone who stopped by to say hello! It's fun to meet people who love this part of the country as much as we do!

I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought, and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.
--G.K. Chesterton (1874-1936), author

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and joining in the discussion on Appalachian Treks! Your comment will be sent to me to be approved. Sorry for this added step, but it is necessary to avoid spam. Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!