Monday, December 24, 2007

I wonder as I wander...

I wonder as I wander, out under the sky, how Jesus the Savior did come for to die for poor ordinary people like you and like I; I wonder as I wander, out under the sky.

When Mary birthed Jesus, 'twas in a cow's stall, with wise men and farmers and shepherds and all, but high from God's heaven a star's light did fall, the promise of ages it then did recall.


--Traditional Appalachian Carol

Above: Church Circle Nativity, Kingsport, TN.

BTW: Have you heard about the crazy "Ho Ho Ho" debate that's taken place in Elizabethton, TN? After Don Imus' problems, it seems some loco yokels sought to forbid Santa from saying "Ho Ho Ho" (because, after all, we'd hate to offend the prostitutes) and instead require Santa to shout the moronic greeting "Ha Ha Ha" during the annual Christmas parade. It was written about in the Dec. 9th Elizabethton Star (although I couldn't find the online version of the story to link here). To set us all straight, here is radio host Mike Gallagher's discussion of the controversy here. More discussion here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and joining in the discussion on Appalachian Treks! Your comment will be sent to me to be approved. Sorry for this added step, but it is necessary to avoid spam. Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!