Saturday, March 8, 2008

Revealing Character

Sports do not build character. They reveal it.
--Heywood Broun (1888-1939) American Journalist

From the emails and comments I receive, I know that most tune in to see nature photos - and that's usually what I have to offer. But I hope you'll indulge my sharing some more shots from the NAIA National Track and Field Championships at ETSU. It really is a wonderful thing that athletes from all over the country come to Johnson City for this event. I spent all afternoon out there taking photos -- and in the slideshow above are some that I think reveal the competition, the contestants and their character.

[click any photo above to see larger images]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and joining in the discussion on Appalachian Treks! Your comment will be sent to me to be approved. Sorry for this added step, but it is necessary to avoid spam. Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!