Saturday, March 1, 2008

Warm Memories of a Cold Welcome

Winter must be cold for those with no warm memories.
--From the movie, An Affair to Remember

Above: A frosty welcome to the beautiful mountains of western North Carolina.

Hope you don't mind a couple more days of Roan Mountain photos taken this Thursday. I was like a kid in a candy store, taking over 300 photos -- so I've still got a lot of sorting and photoshopping to do. It was an awesome experience to be up there with everything so white and the skies so blue. I'm happy with the photos I took, but still, I don't think it's possible to completely capture the mountain's magic. While I was there, I ran into friend and fellow photographer Harold Ross. Harold's work is stunning -- click here to see his photos from his day on Roan as well as his other work. Harold has a passion for the beauty of this region and a great eye for capturing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and joining in the discussion on Appalachian Treks! Your comment will be sent to me to be approved. Sorry for this added step, but it is necessary to avoid spam. Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!