Saturday, April 19, 2008

Just like clockwork

I cannot imagine how the clockwork of the universe can exist without a clockmaker.
--Voltaire (1694-1778) French Enlightenment writer, philosopher

Just like clockwork, the trillium have returned to the southern Appalachians this spring. This particular one was found out at Rock Creek Park near Erwin, TN. With their three leaves and three petals, trillium are easy to identify. You'll often spot them growing in damp, shady areas near forest streams.

2 comments:

  1. I like your photo better than mine, now how am I suppose to post my wake robin?!?!? haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. So this is trillium! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and joining in the discussion on Appalachian Treks! Your comment will be sent to me to be approved. Sorry for this added step, but it is necessary to avoid spam. Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!