Thursday, June 19, 2008

an easy choice

I had rather be on my farm than be emperor of the world.
--George Washington (1732-1799)

The photo above is similar to yesterday's photograph in that I moved the horizon down in both images to show off the beautiful blue skies. The evening light was amazing -- and the blues and reds and yellows really popped. It was one of those times you knew the light was just right. To be on such a wonderful farm walking around the old barns and following the meandering cow paths through the rolling fields makes for an easy choice.

3 comments:

  1. Maybe it's because of where I grew up, but I love pictures of farms and barns...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I have been a bit under the weather, but I still don't know how I missed some of these posts. I love old barn photos. This one is really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with George. Thanks for reminding us of the beauty of a farm. . .

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and joining in the discussion on Appalachian Treks! Your comment will be sent to me to be approved. Sorry for this added step, but it is necessary to avoid spam. Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!