Thursday, September 2, 2010

walk beside me

Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
--Albert Camus (1913-1960) French writer

The trail to the Roan Mountain High Bluff Overlook. The road leading up to the top of the Roan (which includes the Cloudland Site, Rhododendron Garden and Trail to the High Bluff Overlook) is still closed and will remain closed for the rest of the year. It's supposed to be reopened in time for the June 2011 Rhododendron Festival.  So if you go, you'll have to park at Carver's Gap and either hike up to the Balds (which is an amazing hike) or hike up the Roan to the Cloudland site (which actually isn't as steep a hike as you might imagine).

1 comment:

  1. Oh I sure hope I'm in Tennessee by the time the Festival begins. This is a beautiful path and I don't think one would even realize an incline because they would be to busy taking in all that beauty! I least I would!

    Thank you for sharing another amazing picture!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and joining in the discussion on Appalachian Treks! Your comment will be sent to me to be approved. Sorry for this added step, but it is necessary to avoid spam. Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!