Friday, October 15, 2010

looking for gold

Every moment is a golden one for him who has the vision to recognize it as such.
--Henry Miller (1891-1980) American author

My search for autumn gold took me out to Lower Higgins Creek in Unicoi Co., TN again yesterday morning.  To see how different this scene looks with the deep greens of summer, click here.  Such a beautiful area -- I was surprised to find a decent amount of water flowing -- so many other creeks in our region are looking rather puny right now.  I was also thrilled that the air was absolutely still when I was there, which meant I could have the shutter opened for 15 seconds and still have the leaves sharp.

Details: Nikon D90 with 18-200mm VR at 18mm, 15 sec at f/22 ISO 200

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and joining in the discussion on Appalachian Treks! Your comment will be sent to me to be approved. Sorry for this added step, but it is necessary to avoid spam. Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!