Saturday, December 25, 2010

Blue Christmas

I’ll have a blue Christmas without you
I’ll be so blue just thinking about you
Decorations of red on a green Christmas tree
Won’t be the same dear, if you’re not here with me

And when the blue snowflakes start falling
That’s when those blue memories start calling
You’ll be doing alright with your Christmas of white
But I’ll have a blue Christmas

--Billy Hayes and Jay W. Johnson

My boy "Blue" doesn't look very full of Christmas cheer in this shot. He looks blue! This is his "I can't believe I'm actually tolerating this" look. Can you tell he's not a big fan of the camera? (or sitting still?) But at least I got one good shot of him to document his first Christmas. His main involvement in Christmas so far has been pulling the tree skirt from beneath the tree into the middle of the family room! But in spite of the endless chewing and occasional accidents, he's an awesome dog - very smart and playful -  and a great addition to my life. Best wishes to you all for a very merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful shot Mark. Clover gives some of the same looks too when Robin has the camera out. Merry Christmas to you and Blue from Appalachia & Beyond.

    Tim and Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful picture of your pup. I hope "Sandy Paws" brings him something to open! Our girl Clover loves Christmas... when she was young, we had the same problems as you. She's 6 now, and waits... patiently... sorta... for Christmas morning so she can open whatever Sandy Paws has brought her. Also, we found a wonderful new training technique that we're starting her on. She already has an extensive vocab, but it needs work. Here's the training we're using on her... thought you might be interested.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/pilleyjw#p/u

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and joining in the discussion on Appalachian Treks! Your comment will be sent to me to be approved. Sorry for this added step, but it is necessary to avoid spam. Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!