Thursday, March 10, 2011

winter unfrozen

And the wrens have returned and they're nesting
In the hollow of that oak where his heart once had been
And he lifts up his arms in a blessing for being born again
And the streams are all swollen with winter
Winter unfrozen and free to run away now
And I'm amazed when I remember
Who it was that built this house
And with the rocks I cry out 

--Rich Mullins (1955-1997) singer and songwriter 

Click here to watch the video for "The Color Green," an anthem of spring and one of my favorite songs from Rich Mullins. Click the photo above to see a larger version of this panoramic shot of the Blue Hole, stitched together from three different images.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I LOVE the new design of your blog! It is absolutely perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Freakin' LOVE Rich Mullins!!! Thanks for the lyrics. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and joining in the discussion on Appalachian Treks! Your comment will be sent to me to be approved. Sorry for this added step, but it is necessary to avoid spam. Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!