Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Farewell Spring?

It looks as if we've reached the end of spring. The forecast predicts record cold temps this weekend (in the teens on Saturday!). Maybe I jinxed us by calling to mind the '93 superstorm a few posts ago (see here). At least they aren't calling for any snow (let's keep our fingers crossed). But the cold temps are sure to put an end to our colorful blooms. And so my goal today is to take as many spring pictures as I can. I'm going to miss spring. But it won't be long before the azaleas, laurel and rhododendron are blooming. That's the great thing about this part of the country -- spring just seems to go on and on. Farewell, winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting and joining in the discussion on Appalachian Treks! Your comment will be sent to me to be approved. Sorry for this added step, but it is necessary to avoid spam. Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!