1. Biltmore Estate (see Thursday's post)
2. Grove Park Inn (see tomorrow's post)
3. Salsa's (Mexican Caribbean restaurant downtown by the square). Honorable mentions...The Mellow Mushroom, Doc Chey's Noodle House, and the Barbecue Inn. It's really unfair to even begin to mention restaurants, there are dozens of great locally-owned establishments.
4. 16 Patton and the Blue Spiral (art galleries -- again there are many others)
5. Grove Arcade and Kress Emporium (Both housing many interesting shops)
6. St. Lawrence Basilica (beautiful Catholic Church with amazing architecture)
7. Mast General Store -- something for everyone.
If you've got a favorite place to visit in Asheville, post a comment and let us know! Here and here are the best guides to Asheville I've found.